Saturday, May 17, 2008

Steve and I are both early risers, so we were up and went for breakfast before Russ had peeped out of the covers yet. Delicious french toast done in the oven, and great coffee. Coffee and cigarettes on the porch are one of my favorite things anyway, but when done with friends on the balcony of the lodge overlooking the pond on a gorgeous morning.. well there are just few things better.

The weather is perfect. Sunlight is just smiling down through the trees. There is enough of a breeze to keep most of the mosquitoes at bay, and it's supposed to be about 75 today. I took a walk around the pond after getting acquainted with the Mallard couple that lives there. The Yellow (or "Tulip") Poplars have just bloomed, and there is a carpet of green and orange flowers on the ground that blew off in Thurday night's storm.

After breakfast, I went back to try to take a nap, since I got to bed late last night, and haven't slept well this week. No dice. Partly because Steve had the same idea, partly because everyone was coming and going, and partly just because there is so much energy flying around that I can't ever sleep during the day at the camp out.

Russ had to run by their house, so he told me he would take me by to get the desserts. When I took my flourless chocolate cake out of the fridge, the lovely fluffy buttercream I made yesterday morning was hard as a brick. I can only hope it will soften up as the cake sits out today. And of course I am already worried the cake is burned on the edges. I put my lemonade cake and marshmallow cream trifle together, but it looks like SO much marshmallow stuff now. I am afraid it's going to be too sweet. And this pound cake is not the prettiest I have ever made either. The eclair pie turned out well, but a lot of people don't eat custard. And yes, I always get like this before I serve the desserts.

But we got it all back here in one piece, so I can relax until dinner now.

We got back to the camp ground just in time for the only demo today, one on "MacGyver" style fetish play. It was pretty informative for me...

No comments: