Thursday, May 22, 2008

The bear dinner for May

Was tonight. I was the host this month, and since we had such a nice time at El Matador last month, I just decided we would go back this month.

After work, I had an appt with Russ to get my hair cut. He cut it off short. I wanted it cut the way Michah's hair was, but he wouldn't do that because Michah had a weight line in a modified high and tight. For some reason it is against the religion for anyone who cuts my hair to ever put a weight line in it. At least it's short. I have been telling him to buzz me for a while, but he was trying to do this "GQ" thing (he said) that just looked weird (it probably would have looked fine, but I don't have the patience to put 5 pounds of product in my hair every day, and I hate the way wax and pomade feel - ick). The real problem is I'm too fat for a buzz now, but he didn't tell me that. I just want it out of my way for summer. I'm going camping next weekend and don't want to fool with it. If I have a fat roll on the back of my head, I guess it'll just match the other ones I have elsewhere.

We went back to his house to pick up Billy afterwards, and Ben and Justin were there. That was a pleasant surprise. We all rode over together to the dinner.

As usual, the staff was super nice, the food was great, and we had a really good time. Everyone was talking about their plans for this weekend. Apparently a bunch of people are going to be down at River's Edge, but I have always resisted going on those busy holiday weekends. They are so crowded that you can't get a place by or in the pool, and I just generally hate crowds anyway. I just think it would be too much for me - I've heard stories. Plus, I'm going to be down there next weekend anyway. But I guess if Russ and Billy drive down for the day on Sunday, I'll go with them. I might be able to play volleyball, if I can get in the pool. Meh. If I don't do that I'll have to stay home and do housework.

I have to start cleaning house next week since Mom will be here the week after for the surgery. I'm getting a bit nervous as it's getting closer. I know it's going to be painful, but I'm trying to focus on the fact that at least it will be OVER.

No comments: