Friday, May 31, 2013

A post in which I want my Rhondee

Today was pretty quiet, which was good. 

They strawberries came in (an 'end of the month' special from Noisy Rabbit), and after work I took them over to Rhonda to divide them.  Of course I had to taste-test them first, so I had a few.  Although they smelled fantastic, I didn't think they were that sweet.  But then strawberries can always be pepped up with sugar if need be.  There has been so much rain this year it's a wonder anything has any taste. 



We went to supper.  Now usually Miss Rhonda doesn't really know what she wants, but tonight that was not a problem.

We went to the Lifeit Cafe.  This was the raw food place she had read about a week or so ago.  I was a bit skeptical, I'll admit, but I was game.  The food was fantastic!  I had a marinated mushroom wrap that Latrice (the owner and chef) called the 'man sandwich'.  It was super tasty, as was the dressing (which she made) on the accompanying salad. She also makes her own herbal infusions.  Today she had a gorgeously red hibiscus/lime/ginger/othergoodness thing that was gorgeously delicious.  It was like natures bounty distilled, mixed with love and sweetness, and served in a cup.  We talked to them after we ate, and conspired on how we could help the business (which is obviously being run on a shoestring) to grow.  Latrice is SO talented, we just have to a) get the message out; and b) overcome the reticence some might have.  I'd like to ge the bears in for a dinner, but they are notably fussy about anything unusual.  But perhaps I could enlist the local power triad...

Rhonda didn't want more ice cream after last night, I don't need it, and I certainly don't need to be pushing it on her, so I took her on a field trip.  I needed to go to the dollar store, and hadn't been able to go after work (because I had berries in the car).  I knew Rhonda would love the big nice new Dollar Tree near work, so we drove over. As I  had suspected, Rhonda was thrilled, and proceeded to look at everysinglething there, while I picked out cards.  And picked out cards.  And picked out cards.

I have received numerous graduation invitations (or gift solicitations) this month.  Several of my cousin's kids, Cole, Zack, Jody's brother Cody, and Michael are ALL graduating.  Plus Father's Day is coming up.  Plus it was Wilenda's birthday, and I wanted to send her a card, however belated.  By the time I picked out eight graduation cards, and various other cards, I was pretty much ready to go.  But I had to visit la sall de bain first.  In doing so, I was quite surprised to find the Dollar Tree terlitt paper was fairly cushliony and absorbent, so I picked up a couple of rolls to try at the house.  Cottonelle it ain't, but it's a LOT cheaper...

So after that adventure we went back to her place, divvied up the berrys, and talked for a while.  I got a text from Gary, cancelling for the party tomorrow night.  I am so discouraged.  Rhonda and I talked for a while, and then I went home to bed.   

No comments: