Monday, May 27, 2013

A post in which it is my bonus day**

Things got off to a bit of a slow start.  I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do today.  I made myself a lovely breakfast and put a load of towels in, but wasn't really sure what to do afterward.

I had a couple of buddies come by, and then got in touch with the boys.  They wanted to go see The Great Gatsby today, but I had already seen it.  As good as it was, I really didn't feel like shelling out to see it again today.  Eventually, they told me I could just come over and hang out, which I set out to do.

I took my pineapple with me. 

I had gotten a pineapple in my bunny basket this week.  Billy has a pineapple cutter-upper gizmo, which I had teased him about when he got it. Billy loves kitchen gadgets, and I would usually rather use a knife.  But I had this big uncut pineapple.  I took it in, ate my crow, and asked Billy to use his gizmo, which he was happy to let me do with a minimum of ribbing.  In short order my pineapple was ready to eat for lunches this week and stowed in the fridge.

We settled in to watch movies on DVD.  We watched Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation, which is one of my favorites, and which Logan hadn't seen before. When it was over, we found all these Easter eggs in the end credits. I had never seen them, and they were pretty funny. After that we watched Lust in the Dust, which was also new for Logan. 

By the time the movies were over, we were all hungry, so we headed out for supper at La Parrilla for
Mexican. The food was good, as usual, but we discovered that the margharitas are delicious!  After a good supper, we shopped for a bit to walk off some of the dinner before we went to get dessert.  I played Angry Birds for the first time tonight, and I can see how it is addicting. 

We went to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert, and I have to say it was the best ice cream I've had in a very long time.  I REALLY enjoyed it.  We ate it outside, in the beautiful cool evening, under the indigo sky, on an outside bench; just enjoying each other's company and comparing desserts.  It was a lovely end to the weekend.  It was really good to spend some time with my boys. 

No comments: