Thursday, May 16, 2013

A post in which my stint of sainthood continues

I'm getting heartily sick of it.  I don't think I was cut out for it.

Work was beastly today.  I had the twit report to do, the US Reserve, three new accounts (one of whom was a diarrhea-mouth with an over-developed sense of his own importance who kept me on the phone for thirty freakin' minutes explaining why our expectation that he pay within agreed-upon terms was unrealistic, and how unhappy he was with the 'tone' of my email to him - yergh).  It just went on and on.

The cancer center called to schedule my follow-up PET scan, and as usual had scheduled it incorrectly, so I had to call and re-schedule it immediately, but at least the appointment is made now.

At the end of the day, I still hadn't finished the twit report, but I'll be able to finish it up tomorrow.  I had to leave the office so that I could go home and mow grass - which is right up there next to a colonoscopy on my 'favorite things to do' list.

Lisa did give me half of her excellent pimento cheese from the Pelham Falls Deli.  It wasn't as good as The Fresh Market, but it was pretty damn good.  That was a welcome little snack to tide me over until lunch.

The bunny boxes came today, and although I didn't get one, Larney did.  She sent me home with sweet potatoes, fresh brussels sprouts (which Gary loves, I found out), two red bell peppers (I still have three green ones in the fridge from last week, that have to be cut, seeded, and frozen), and an enormous onion.

I was starving when I got off work, and debated stuffing myself on the way home, but I knew if I did I wouldn't mow, and I really wanted to get that done so that it didn't interfere with Friday night.  I could have done it Saturday (Gary won't be arriving until around eight), but it tires me out and I didn't want to be all tired when he got here.  So I went home and mowed.

Happily, the wheel stayed on the mower, and despite my not taking the time to eat anything before I went out there, my blood sugar didn't drop through the floor either.  I got finished, and it's good that it's done and out of the way. 

I got in the house about eight, and cleaned up, but just couldn't face another salad.  I thought about running out for something indulgent, by after the shoe-buying frenzy this week I really oughtn't, not to mention the extra calories.  The dilemma was solved when I discovered I still had tater tots in the freezer, which are one of my favorite things, and are undeniably indulgent - a suitable reward for my efforts today.

I contentedly munched and watched Chopped.  I had a message from Gary, and when I finished eating, we talked for about an hour.  That was a good end to a day of frustration and duty. 

So tomorrow at work should be much better - the crush is over for the moment.  And the yard is taken care of.  So tomorrow evening I can relax, enjoy my Friday, and look forward to Gary's visit.  Tomorrow will be better.

No comments: