Saturday, June 1, 2013

A post in which it is the party*

I didn't do much today.  Well not much of anything productive.  There was plenty I needed to do.  I just couldn't get motivated to do it. 

I changed the sheets and did a load of laundry. I made myself breakfast.  I chatted online.  Eventually Anthony came by for a visit.  It was good to see him.  He's been tanning and looks spectacular. 

Part of the laziness today was due to the fact that the last two Saturdays I've had to get everything done so I wouldn't be busy when Gary gets here.  Since he wasn't coming today that wasn't an issue, and I took full advantage of it.

I had plenty of time to get ready for the party without rushing, and went by to pick up Rhonda.  I really wasn't in a party mood.  I was still kind of in a funk about Gary not coming, but Russ is one of my very best friends, and I wanted to go to his party.  I figured once I got there I would have a good time.  That's what usually happens.  Plus they were having devillllled eggggs.  I freakin' LOVE deviled eggs. 

So when we got there, I snagged an egg first thing.  There were eggs made with dill and with sweet pickles.  The dill ones were good, but the sweet ones were transcendent.  Then I made the rounds, ending up on the fabulous deck.  It was good to see everyone.  Ben was in from Texas (he was one of the birthday boys).  Tyler was at the party.  I really like Tyler, but he is very young, kind of shy, and a workaholic. He's invited to a lot of stuff, but he doesn't get to come to very much of it.  So I hung out some with him.  Rhonda fell in love with him, but he is a conspicuously sweet guy.

I spent some time on the deck, had some of Russ's famous rum punch, talked to some folks, and started to unlax and have a good time.  It was nice.  Miss Rhonda got tore down.  She hadn't eaten any dinner (I have LONG since given up trying to police her eating habits, and have mostly even given up gentle suggestion at this point), and got kinda loopy.  She had a wonderful time though, and was quite the belle of the bears (or bearbelle, as she has now indicated a preference to be referred to as), and chatted and carried on with everyone.  I was so tickled to see her have a good time, come out of herself, and really enjoy herself.  Usually she feels too self-conscious. 

But after a while, it was time to go.  I collected Rhonda, drove her home, and went home myself.  It had been a nice evening. 

No comments: