Friday, May 3, 2013

A post in which I have an intriguing conversation*

So work was work, and I got a lot done.  I buckled down and almost completed the Canadian slides, although there are the usual hold-outs for completion. 

The conversation continued via text with Gary.  Like all day today.  I worked, and was productive, but I was really waiting for that next message.  We made plans to see each other this Sunday, and I'm pretty excited.  I'm broke after the beach, but I should be able to swing one date this weekend, especially for someone that sounds so promising. 

Gary is the same age as I am.  He sent me a picture yesterday that looks really cute, but the one he sent today is not as flattering.  I immediately started back-pedaling in my mind and that makes me nuts.  I am such a man - so visually oriented.  Here is this perfectly nice guy who sounds so great, and even likes the same freakin' tv shows that I do, and I'm worried he isn't going to look a certain way.  That's nuts.

I wonder if I'm secretly undermining my own chances and choosing unavailable (long distance) guys.  I wonder if I'm trying to sabotaging my own chances for happiness; or trying to prove to myself that it 'doesn't matter' because I ended up in the internet vortex tonight for no good reason.

I was wiped out.  Allergies hit me hard this week, and I've just kind of been dragging home and going to bed after work.  I didn't really feel like doing anything tonight, but there I was, out there.  I nibbled on some cucumber salad and surfed online.  Eventually this culminated in a very enjoyable but ill-advised buddy visit.  It was fun though.

Afterwards, I didn't want the perfectly healthy and toothsome burritos I had in the house.  What I was really craving was cheese sticks, but unfortunately Burger King doesn't have those (for some reason I thought they did).  I bought myself off with fries and a vanilla shake (purchased from a surprisingly courteous BK employee), which I took home and wolfed down in secret, like Cherry Boone eating out of the dog dish.  Why do I do these things?

No comments: