Sunday, May 26, 2013

A post in which much yard work is done*

We both slept in for a while this morning.  When we got up, I did a scramble with mushrooms, caramelized onion, and feta cheese, served with toast and my homemade peach jam.  It was a nice breakfast.  By the time we finished up and started cleaning the kitchen, it was time for Jody to show up.  I had set up with Laura to borrow Jody to do some yard work (which desperately needed to be done).  He arrived right on time at 10am and I put him to work trimming bushes. 

We finished cleaning up in the house and settled in with a marathon of Making the Team on Logo.  Gary
hadn't seen it before, and was hooked pretty quickly.  Here was the downside.  Gary had to go home this afternoon.  I thought we had the rest of the long weekend together, but they had already given him his schedule at the new job, and he has to work tomorrow.  I hadn't realized that.  I kind of had to use Jody when his schedule allowed, and there are things at the house that HAD to be done.  Gary was a good sport about it, but we were both kinda bummed. We couldn't really have wildhotmonkeylove with a 15-year-old in the yard and in and out of the house all day.

So we just watched TV and talked.  I ran in and out when Jody had a question or needed direction.  He did work hard, and did a good job.  He got a lot done today.  We went to lunch at Red Robin (that's where Gary wanted to go - apparently they don't have one in Columbia), and stopped for his lunch on the way back.  Gary and I had pie while Jody ate his lunch.  After he ate he finished up, but it had been a long day and I'm sure he was tired.  He got the stuff put away and I ran him home. 

I got back and snuggled up with Gary for a bit of serious canoodling with Gary, and then he had to leave.  I packed up pie for him to take home.

I just kind of chilled though the evening.  Since I had spent so much money this weekend, I just stayed in and had a salad tonight and watched more cheerleaders on the tube.  I was pretty tired, but stayed up for a bit, just because I could.  It was a holiday weekend, after all.  After Gary sent me the text that he was home and safe, I went on to bed. 

No comments: