Thursday, May 23, 2013

A post in which I just work, mostly

I managed to throw off my funk again today.  I had tons of write-offs to do, so I just buckled in and worked on them.

I got my Noisy Rabbit basket today.  It wasn't quite as full as last time, but it looked good.  The lettuce was a bit played out, but for the most part it looked OK.  There were beets in there - as in raw beets.  I've never cooked them before so that will be interesting.

Although I felt that I needed to go straight home, I had a couple of errands to run first.  I went by the library and the grocery store on the way home, but didn't linger. 

One of the things I had to do tonight was clean out the fridge.  Larney had given me some sweet potatoes that I had baked and skinned, but hadn't decided what to do with them.  I decided to make a couple of sweet potato pies tonight.  One of the reasons I had gone by the store tonight was to get pie crusts.  They had pretty ones tonight, but the girl threw mine in the bad and broke them tonight.  Grrrr.  But after they thawed a bit I was able to pice them back together.  My pies came out nicely.  I hadn't made any in a long time.

I spent some time talking to Gary tonight.  He is still wrestling with a job decision.  He had decided to stay where he was, but the other company came back and improved their offer.  Also, the company he works for now has cancelled yet another day off.  After talking to him for a while, it seemed obvious what he really wanted to do.  When I pointed that out, he agreed, and told me he had just needed a sounding board.  So he is going to have to work Saturday, but we'll still have the rest of the weekend. 

After I got off the phone, I couldn't get motivated to get ready for bed.  I kind of hung around, putting it off.  It wasn't until I turned the light out that I remembered to re-set my alarm.  I have that PET scan in the morning, and I have to be up very early.  Sigh.  At least the long weekend is coming up.

No comments: