Monday, May 6, 2013

A post in which it is the finale!!

I woke to a good morning from Gary (via text) which was a nice way to start the day. 

Work was work. 

I did order my first basket from Noisy Rabbit this week.  I'm pretty stoked about it.  The money, of course, was due today.  But it was only $17.50, and I figure I would spend that much on produce anyway.  Plus this is locally grown, so relatively low petro load!

After work, I had to get Eve's birthday present so I would have it tomorrow.  I had decided, after some debate, to get a gift card from Swoozies.  I've never seen so much useless crap under one roof in my life, but then it isn't my present.  I had debated just getting a gift card to Dillard's (where Gary works), but again, not my present.  Besides, since I was just getting a gift card, a card from someplace so specialized seemed more thoughtful.  I stuck to the plan.

There are few places of business where I feel uncomfortable because I am too masculine, which makes Swoozies an unusual place.  My experience began a hundred or so feet before the threshold.  The over-powering perfumes of numerous sweetly fragranced items profaned the cool spring air.  But I persevered.

I had thought that I would just pick up a card while I was there, but the cards were of course as over-priced as everything else there.  When I saw the Mother's Day cards, it reminded me that I had those to buy also, but I'm not buying them from Swoozies.  More money to spend this week!  It's an expensive week!

I picked out my card and approached the register, where some woman seemed to be trying to return something which was causing a great kerfuffle.  I re-routed until she moved away and headed back in.  One clerk was on the phone, but a very nice, very pretty girl asked to help me.  Her smile faltered when I told her what I needed. She apparently didn't know the first thing about gift cards, and of course the woman who did was the woman on the phone.  She was trying to mouth questions to the woman on the phone, who was simultaneously trying to help my clerk and talk at the same time.  Apparently she was having little success with either. 

The woman trying to help me apologized, but the competent woman seemed invested in an on-going conversation.  I was very close to just leaving in frustration.  If the item I was purchasing had been for me, I would have.  As it was, I was just stuck in limbo, while the nice but clueless woman winced apologetically and continued to be completely unable to help me.  Thankfully, another competent woman came back from break about that time, and sorted me out in short order.  I escaped, relieved. 

That done, I headed home to have a burrito and relax.  I had decided, after some debate, to get a $30 gift card for Eve instead of the $40 I had previously thought about because I'm strapped for cash until payday, and of course everything has to be bought NOW.  When I got home, I got a notice from the tax board.  On top of the $400 freakin' dollars I paid for car tax, they want a $10 late fee because my payment was ONE day late.  In fact, I don't even know if it was one day late.  It cleared my account one day after it was due GRRRRR.  After cursing the tax commission and all of their descendants to be born naked, I put in a load of laundry and had the burrito.

My bad mood soon dissipated though.  Tonight was the season finale of Drag Race, and I was pretty excited about watching.  I made sure I got dinner eaten and the chores done so that I could be in bed, snuggled in, and ready to watch when it started.  It was a good show.  The Ru is a mistress of showmanship.  The pretty boys weren't just pretty - they really looked excited and happy to be there.  I usually don't have a lot of patience with stripper/gorgeous types, because my first thought is he wouldn't give me the time of day.  But these guys looked nice.  They probably weren't, but they looked it. 

I sent a couple of messages to Greg, and explained that I was watching the show (he doesn't watch), and he was nice about it.

To top it all off, Jinkx Monsoon won!! Yay!!  It's monsoon season, bitches!! 

No comments: