Monday, May 13, 2013

A post in which I get a prescription filled - eventually

So the goal today was that I had to get my blood pressure medicine filled.  I missed the hours on the pharmacy Saturday, and we didn't get home in time Sunday.  I'm not supposed to skip that pill, but I took my last one Sunday - I figured I would definitely need it before I was in a car with my dad for six hours.  I was up early and went to Wal-Mart to see if I could get the prescription filled before I went in to the office.  No dice - they didn't open until 9am. 

It was Lisa's (at work) birthday today, and she had enlisted me weeks ago to act as her 'sushi sherpa' and go get sushi for lunch.  She has enjoyed sushi, but doesn't know what to order.  She tried to get some of the other women from the department to come, but there were only two takers.  Since Sushi Masa was closed today, we rode down to Irashiai.  Although I had feared that they would come and then refuse to try the new stuff, I had under-estimated the gals.  I ordered for the table, and everything was devoured in complete delight.  They really enjoyed the meal, as did I.  It was very pleasant, and Lisa was tickled.  She even paid for lunch for everyone, so it was a win-win. 

As the afternoon wore on, though, I didn't feel so great.  I haven't skipped a day with my blood pressure medicine in a long time.  By the end of the day, I just wanted to go home and go to bed.  But I had my prescription to fill first. 

I spent almost two hours at Wal-Mart trying to get my ^%%$$#@!! blood pressure medicine filled.  I got there at about 5:45 and left at 7:24!!  They always make you wait (this despite the fact that my bp meds come in a freakin' blister pack, and require no counting at all), and tonight was no exception.  It was Monday night, and there weren't a lot of people, but they also had little staff.  The ones that were there were not at all interested in expedience - they want you in the store shopping while you wait.  By the time I left my feet were killing me and I was very frustrated.  But a) I didn't spend a lot of extra money - I spent less than $5 over the cost of my medicine tonight; and b) I had them fill the prescription for six months rather than three, so it will be a while before I have that to go through again.

I had intended to eat my left over spaghetti tonight, but when I got home I just decided to have a salad.  There was no time left to cook, as I had thought I might do, and my feet weren't up to it by that time anyway.  So I ate a salad and left the spaghetti for lunch tomorrow.  It wouldn't have been a bad meal, health-wise, but I opened one of the packs of cookies I bought last week...  So I ruined that initiative. 

I curled up on the sofa and played on the computer while I watched Gigi.  I love that movie.  Never has the life of a courtesan seemed so innocent and wholesome.  I exchanged a few text messages with Gary, but I was out of sorts after the Wal-Mart marathon and didn't feel like talking tonight.  I think it may have been partially spores and allergies from being in Grandma's yesterday.  It was probably partially being kind of down about her - it is hard to leave her there at the home, even it if is the best place for her.  My blood pressure most likely played a role also.  But whatever the reason, I didn't want to subject Gary to my mood tonight.  He's coming to spend the night Saturday, and I'm really looking forward to that. 

No comments: