Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A post in which addiction rears it's ugly head

For a first day back, it was pretty quiet.  Usually after a holiday weekend, there are a bunch of disgruntled people who are just unhappy they have to work at all, but apparently they didn't answer or return calls today.

I had gotten all the write-offs that I had completed in last week, and was able to finish the ones I didn't have documents for last week today.  I didn't get any of them back (despite today being the deadline) because Alan had been out for a week, and he had the back-up that he always does to tend to when he returned.

The main reason it was so quiet was that Larney wasn't at work today.  I hadn't realized it, and it may not have been planned, but after two freakin' weeks of the Chair Saga, I could only breathe a sigh of relief.  For which I felt guilty.  But it was just SO nice to have some peace and quiet.  It takes so much energy to deal with her.  I like her, but I would like a little bit less of her.  I hope she isn's sick - I don't wish that on anyone - but I won't say I didn't take a deep breath and enjoy the silence today.

I stopped at Aldi on the way home for salad dressing and a few fill-in things, and then went home to make a large salad for dinner.

Well that was the intention anyway.

I had found where to download Angry Birds online today, but couldn't do it at work.  I did so when I got home tonight as I was putting the groceries away.  When it finished I turned it on to play for a bit.



Suddenly, it was 8:39pm. 

Eventually, I managed to drag myself away.  I made the salad, and when I went in the fridge, I saw the brussels sprouts, which needed to be cooked.  I cooked them.  They turned out kind of chewy - I'm not used to working with the fresh ones.  I usually use frozen, and these were big.  I could have hit them with the water again.  But they were OK.  When I was making the salad, I broke my little lidded bowl that I had been keeping carrots in.  I barely dropped it.  But that's the way it goes sometimes; and I loved it, but it only cost a dollar. 

My salad turned out really good.  I didn't miss the carrots, I was really tired of them.  I had lettuce, tomatoes, baked chilled diced beets, blue cheese, and croutons.  I decided to treat myself to some French dressing, even though it is loaded with HFCS.  I really should make some - I found a recipe and it isn't that hard.

After supper I cleaned up, and then it was more birds.  I actually stayed up too late AND missed a text from Gary.  I guess the addition will pass.

I sure HOPE so...

No comments: