Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A post in which I go do dinner

I so dreaded going in to work today.  But I figured it pretty much had to be better than yesterday.  It was - but that was a low bar to clear.  I had a fairly productive day. 

The Crocs hikers came in today.  I couldn't tell from the picture, but I guess I should have known from the color name (espresso) that they were brown.  I wanted new brown shoes anyway, so that was fine.  I put them on.  They are wondrously comfortable.  I am still worried a bit about the back of the shoe being too high, but by the end of the day I knew that I would keep them.  I'll order a black pair too.  The orange laces can always be changed, right?

I got in touch with Rhonda today and reserved her for Friday night.  I have a special little treat in mind for her.  She has agreed to go, and I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight was dinner at Dad and Eve's.  She had cancelled dinner yesterday because Dad was having cataract surgery today.  But the surgery went exceptionally well (it was 8 minutes long!), so she invited me on over anyway.  I stopped to get flowers on the way since the ones I had gotten her for her birthday were so sad, and the selection was once again lacking.  That store used to have such nice flowers.  It's a shame.  I did find an acceptable small bouquet of striped minature carnations, which I like, although that is not what I wanted.  When I got to the house, she already had a gorgeous bouquet of deep fuschia alstromeria on the table when I got there.  Such beautiful flowers.

Of course there were moutains of food.  Dad wanted country-style steak.  There was steak, an ocean of gravy, rice, pasta salad, beets, cole slaw, cornbread, and sliced tomatoes.  I was dying for tomato sandwiches (I haven't had any good slicing tomatoes yet this year), so I had a couple.  There was strawberry cobbler with whipped cream for dessert.  We pretty much ate until we hurt, and adjourned to the den for a visit. 

It went pretty well.

No comments: