Friday, May 10, 2013

A post in which it is Friday, blessedly

The produce box that Larney ordered for Rhonda came in today.  Marvin's Produce is apparently delivering to the office as well, which I didn't even know.  Larney said she sends boxes to people regularly just because, and wanted to order one for Rhonda.  Fair enough.  The box was packed full of stuff, including a whole pineapple, and when I sent Rhonda text about it she was tickled. 

Since Gary wasn't able to come tonight, I had plenty of time to take her box to her.  She was house-sitting for the boys this weekend, so I took it over to RBL's place.  I unloaded that, plus a bunch of other stuff Larney had sent to her (Larney cleaned out her desk today).  Since Rhonda loves searcies of all kinds, she was having a great time going through everything.

The boys were leaving for Bear Mayhem and River's Edge.  I had elected not to go because of finances, but since it has been so cold and wet this spring, I really didn't feel to badly about it.  Sure enough, it was clouding up this evening, it was cool, and Russ had a migraine.  But eventually, they got it together and we saw them off. 

I took Rhondee out to the Tadpole for supper.  I had a wild hair to go out there, and when we got there Rhonda was so excited - she hadn't been to a fish camp since she was a little girl.  We had enormous trays of calabash (which neither of us could finish), and then went over to Tony's for gelato, which Rhonda loves to distraction.  Before we went in, we went through the Asian Market over there just for fun.  We took our gelato back to the house and watched Alton Brown while we ate it.  I called Gary and talked to him for a minute or two.  He was wiped out.  I could tell he'd had a rough day, but it was good to talk to him. 

It was a nice evening.  I really enjoy spending time with Rhonda. She gets so excited about things, and enjoys life so much that it makes me enjoy things more.  Her enthusiasm is contagious. 

No comments: