Monday, May 31, 2010

A post in which we head home, and do a bit of shopping

Talking to Myz Shea this morning

Well all good things must come to an end. I woke up about 8:30 this morning, but didn’t realize that the bedroom clock was a half hour ahead. Since everyone was supposed to be up around 9:30 I just stayed up. Eventually we all got up and had coffee. q was off to a movie shoot today, so she was busy getting ready. After she left we had coffee and fruit, and more talk. Myz Shea offered to play today, but as much as I wanted it, I just couldn’t. I was so drug out from not getting enough sleep, which was my own fault. One of the reasons Rhonda came with me was so she could watch us play, but she declined yesterday for some reason. I think she would have today, but I wasn’t up to it. I had to tell Myz Shay I couldn’t, and I was very disappointed about that. She’ll be at SELF in two weeks though, so maybe we can work something out for then.

Rhonda and I took our leave. As usual the day after playing, I was in a fantastic mood, and entertained Rhonda by spinning BDSM fantasies inspired by the songs we were playing in the car. Some of them were actually pretty hot.

An excellent picture of q (left) and Myz Shea

I had already missed the time frame I had told Sabrina I would have her home, so she sent her a text. Since we were already over time anyway, I just kind of wanted to ease our way home. It was good to have the extra day off. We did get caught in a traffic jam for a bit, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been considering it was Memorial Day.

When we got through it, I wanted to stop at an exit that had billboards up about having five antique stores, but when we got to the exit they were nowhere to be found. Undeterred, we went on up to Commerce GA. I was in the mood to spend some money today – I had the shopping bug from Saturday.

We had some excellent (and HUGE) Mexican lunch and then did Commerce. Rhonda was really great about going around with me. She said she didn’t have any money, but wouldn’t let me buy her anything. I got a couple of pairs of shorts and a new pair of work pants, and some kitchen stuff – an excellent new cutting board I have been putting off buying. I did find some of The Shorts, but again they did not have my size, dammit.

By this time the stores were closing (they were closing at 6 because of the holiday), and we were both exhausted. I really really shouldn’t have done it, but I don’t get down there that often, and I wanted some new shorts. By the time we got back to Greenville though, I was completely wiped. I so over did it today.

I dropped Rhonda at her place and headed home. I was debating whether to stop at the grocery store when I realized that I was out of cream for coffee, which pretty much made the decision. I went to the store and picked up some stuff for lunches this week. When I got home, I put everything away, totally unpacked, caught up on the cat chores, got cleaned up, and collapsed into the bed. I was too tired to even change the sheets. It was a very good, but a very long and tiring day.

No comments: