Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A post in which I am still trying to be good*

With somewhat limited success.

Well I had a crappy night’s sleep last night. While ordinarily that would be bad news, the return of the insomnia usually signals that the current episode of E-B is on the decline. I actually didn’t feel too bad at work today. I used to feel so drug out after an insomnia night, but compared to the E-B the insomnia is a walk in the park.

After work I was determined not to spend any more money on the way home. I have two trips to Atlanta coming up (this weekend, and SELF) and I usually spend a bunch o money while I’m down there. Since we went to Brushstrokes when I was down with the Kindred though, I can probably forgo that stop on this run. I emailed Myz Shea my recipe for artichoke dip as per her request. She says that she’ll have all the ingredients there when I get there, which is nice. Anyway, I went straight home with no stops. I even lucked out and traffic wasn’t too heinous today.

To top that virtue off, I went home and had salad and a smoothie for supper. I was a very good boy. Well for the most part. Jeremiah, of all people, texted me again tonight. I hadn’t seen him in about two years. Usually he just texts back and forth endlessly and then doesn’t show up. But tonight he showed up. It was good to see him. He is a cute little thing, but he’s 28, still living with his parents, and just about as reliable as a cloud. Plus he’s either a workaholic, or he lies to me about how much he’s at work; either way, not potential husband material. Still, a pleasant interlude is nice every now and again.

I actually didn’t feel terribly tired tonight, and stayed up watching telly and chatting online until my usual bedtime. I talked to a new guy online tonight very briefly, but he sounds nice, so there is some potential on the horizon again, which is pleasant. His name is Michael, though, which is pretty creepy until you realize that the statistical odds of my meeting another gay guy named Michael are actually pretty high.

He wandered off from the computer or something, so I didn’t get much response from him, but hopes are high. He’s cute, and seems all into me. So now we just have to get through the response, the exchange of numbers, whether or not he’ll actually show up for a meet, and then The Talks. So it’s early days. Man, if I ever get married again, I’m staying that way. This is too much frickin work! And here I am, sounding like Rosalind Russel in one of her old MGM movies again...

No comments: