Thursday, May 13, 2010

A post in which Carmina and Adder are in town!

I don’t get to see Carmina and Adder that often, so when I do it’s always a special treat. We all ended up at Russ’s shop tonight. I had a haircut scheduled, as did they. Russ cut Carmina’s hair first, then mine. I was going to change clothes while he cut Adder’s hair, but then Carmina needed shampooing out. “Get to it.” Russ said “Come on!” I was standing there in my underwear and dress socks (we were going out to dinner, and I didn’t want to go in office drag), but there was little I could do but hearken to the call.

So I’m standing there in my socks and underwear, shampooing out Carmina, and hoping like hell I don’t pull her hair or get water in her ears or something. Carmina is a most formidable woman, even if she does like me. She found my extreme care funny, so she’s laughing into my armpit while I’m doing this. It was yet another of those Fellini-esque moments in my life. Fortunately, all went well.

That done, we headed out for dinner and ate a bunch of sushi. I finally got to go back to Miyako for sushi after craving it for weeks! It was just as good as I remembered, and Carmina and Adder were appropriately pleased and complimentary about the food. SO good.

I’ll see them again at SELF next month…

No comments: