Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A post in which I make a mess, and have a visit

I was pretty tired when I got home tonight. I had stopped at the store for fruit on the way home, though, and was looking forward to some roll-up sandwiches for supper (made with high fiber flatbread). I went into the cabinet for some French fried onions, since I was doing California Club roll-ups, and while I was rooting around in the cabinet I knocked off a jar of spaghetti sauce. It went everywhere. It fell on top of the microwave, and splashed all over the wine bottles, the counter, the backsplash, the floor, and me. I was so horrified for a moment that I just stood there. Everything was oozing with broken glass covered in spaghetti sauce. But there was nothing for it but to start cleaning, so I did.

I was about to get things back in order when the phone rang. It was dana, and she and Miss Kat wanted to come by. Of course I wanted to see them. I quickly finished up and got the house together a bit before they arrived. I patched up the cuts I had gotten on my feet. It’s always good to see Miss Kat and dana. I had thought about calling them last night, but I can’t have them kiss my boo-boos every time I get knocked down by life.

We had a nice visit and talk, and then they headed on home. I headed wearily for bed. It’s been a long day.

No comments: