Sunday, May 2, 2010

A post in which Jason goes home, and I do chores*

Since we were in bed sensibly early last night (as if good sense had anything to do with it) we were up fairly early this morning. I do like waking up in the new soft blue bedroom. With the blinds drawn in the morning light it’s quite lovely and airy.

After greeting the day in a suitably favorite Sunday morning fashion, it was time to get up and get ready to meet Miss Kat and dana for breakfast. We went to Golden Corral (which I didn’t even know did breakfast) and had a capital repast. dana introduced us to her friend Charlie, who I will say from the safety of my glass house is very fond of talking. He entertained us with ribald stories of his illicit past over eggs and biscuits. I had some kind of passion fruit juice mixture to drink which is apparently addictive.

After breakfast, we headed back to my place, where Jason decided to take his leave. It was really good to see him. He’s a sweetheart of a guy.

After he left, the combination of the busy day yesterday, along with the large breakfast and my continuing lick-and-a-promise approach to the E-B meant that I was way overdue for a nap. I took a good one.

When I woke up I still felt strung out and tired, but after I moved around for a bit, I felt a little better. Good thing – I had a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for the week. I had almost nothing in the fridge. I got the recycling together, and sorted through all the paper to get out the trash that James put in there last week. I loaded the car, hauled off the recycling, went to the bank, and then to the grocery store. I also went by the flea market for produce.

While I was out, I fielded the latest drama from my dad. Its Eve’s birthday today, and she had been hoping against hope that Cindy would call today. She didn’t. Dad called me to get me to call Cindy to implore her to call her mother on her 60th birthday. Sigh. I so want out of the middle of this. I told Dad I would do it only if he didn’t cross-examine me about it, or do a victory lap on how sorry they both are if she didn’t call. But I dutifully called and left a message for Cindy, trying to keep it as light as possible, asking if she would at least just call and say Happy Birthday.

When I got home, I started cooking. I made a big batch of veggie-roni (kind of like beef-a-roni without the beef) and packed up lunches for the week. I also sliced and mostly de-seeded a watermelon for fruit for the week. I cleaned up the kitchen, took out the trash, and changed out a load of laundry. I went to the store for garbage bags.

By the time I got all this done, it was close to time for bed. I did watch parts of the Fox Sunday night line-up while getting ready. It does feel good to get my ducks in a row after kind of drifting through all week last week.

No comments: