Thursday, May 27, 2010

A post in which I give thanks and treat myself

I woke up feeling surprisingly well all things considered.

I called Eve to check on her to make sure that she was OK. She is. She’s used to Dad’s rages, tantrums, and the silence that settles around them when everyone abandons ship for a while. She’s still upset about being cut off from Brenden, of course, but this morning she seemed more resigned.

I was overcome by a surge of gratitude for my mother. She may not be perfect, but at least I have one sane parent. I called her this morning just to tell her that I love and appreciate her. I got a sale email from an online store today and I saw something that I thought might appeal to her, so I just ordered it sent to her office as a surprise.

I talked to Mys Shea today, and she asked that Rhonda and I wait and drive down Saturday morning, which is fine. Since I was supposed to do laundry and pack tonight, that gives me some extra time. It’s another night in my own bed too, which is a boon considering how poorly I’ve been sleeping lately. Usually the E-B and insomnia are mutually exclusive, but not this week. Having both concurrently has been a huge pain in the ass.

On my way home I decided that I just couldn’t eat leftover salad. I haven’t had any Thai food in an age, so I ran by my favorite local Thai restaurant and picked up some Phad Thai. It’s been ages since I had any. This wasn’t the best I’ve ever eaten, but it was still pretty damn good. After supper, I started feeling hungry later (rice noodles just are not very filling), so I made some whole wheat toast as a snack before I went to bed. I really need to get some sleep tonight. It made me think about Michael to have toast and jelly for dessert. That boy loves toast more than anyone I have ever known.

Speaking of guys named Michael; I talked to new Michael online for a while tonight. He is a nice guy, but has a puzzling reluctance to contact me off of the Manhunt site (the only think I can think is that he's shy about my having his email address). So I’ve been staying signed on there to talk to him, which is awkward. I get emails from people, and it makes me feel rude to just ignore them, but it gets to be a bit much sometimes to keep up with it and try to hold on to the thread of the conversation at the same time. I did find out tonight that he is one month out of a 9-year relationship though, which doesn’t bode well. But then I don’t have to marry the guy tomorrow, right? It might be nice to date someone and take things slow for a while. I’d like to have someone to go places with.

No comments: