Saturday, May 29, 2010

A post in which we head for Atlanta!

I was up this morning at about 6am. I thought I had plenty of time, so I did a load of laundry, mixed a dungeon CD, etc. Then suddenly it was 7:45, and I realized I had to leave the house in 45 minutes to get to Rhonda’s on time! I rushed around for a bit before I realized there was just no way I was going to make it on time. I called Rhonda and told her I was running late.

I got to Rhonda’s at about 9:30. Since I had originally told her 9am, I didn’t think that was too bad. We headed south. When we called Myz Shea to let her know that we were on the road, I realized I hadn’t called early enough. She was counting on us to wake her up, and needed a bit more time. So Rhonda and I stopped on the way and had nasty ole Chinese buffet to give them a little breathing room.

We got to Myz Shea’s house to an enthusiastic and warm welcome. It was so good to see her! I also saw q again for the second time. I had met q last year at SELF when I came down to see Big Red, but I wasn’t around her long, and she didn’t have a lot to say as I recall. I was left with the impression of a fairly taciturn and formidable woman. That impression proved to be false, however – books and covers you know. q turned out to be very nice and very friendly. Within about thirty minutes or so I was in love with her. That was a good thing since Myz Shea told me she was going to tie us together tomorrow!

We went inside and settled in to talk for a bit, but as it turned out Myz Shea was going to have to buy some new clothes, the powers that be having adopted a dildonic dress code at work recently – I know all about that. So it was off to Kohl’s (Myz Shea hates to shop, as Lisa does, and they both love Kohl’s – I wonder if Kohl’s has some special appeal to non-shoppers? Interesting.) I’m always up for a shopping trip, so I was fine, but Myz Shea didn’t seem too happy about it. She ended up buying practically a whole new wardrobe in one store (can you imagine?)!!

Although I enjoyed the trip, and helping her find some things with q (despite her troubling, stubborn predilection for the Camp Shirt), my heart was broken. I found some of The Shorts, but they didn’t have them in my size. I have this one pair of shorts that I wear pretty much non-stop (to the point that an old friend of mine asked me to wear something else for a while because she was sick of looking at them), but they’re on their last legs. I would really like to have another pair just like them, but these were even better since they were hemmed and I could wear them out to eat and stuff. But they didn’t have them.

When we left there I was pretty wiped, and in need of some E-B meds. We ran by the grocery store on the way home and I got the stuff I needed for strata in the morning and to make the special cheesy artichoke dip I was making for Myz Shea tomorrow night, artichokes being a favorite food of hers.

After we dropped off the groceries and I dosed up, we headed out to dinner at a nice little Mexican place near her house, where I had some quite edible nachos. The big draw was that the place was noisy enough that we could talk about pretty much whatever we wanted without worrying about being overheard. We proceeded to discuss freely.

After supper we just went back to Myz Shea’s for a good rap session and visit. It was a great evening. We never even turned the TV on – we just talked and talked until late.

It was a lovely day.

No comments: