Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A post in which the quiet continues

Another quiet day. The most exciting thing that happened was that I heard from Russ that Carmina and Adder are coming to town! Yay! And I get to see them and go eat with them after my haircut tomorrow. I adore Carmina and Adder. Because I don’t get to see them that often, it always feels a bit like a holiday when they come to town.

I was in a good mood today. It was a vendor day, and they had given us all t-shirts with the vendor's logo on them to wear. If we wore the t-shirt, we got to wear jeans. Sigh, I know. What a demeaning way to be allowed to express yourself, however peripherally, and in such a lemming-like way. But that wasn't why I was happy. The shirts, due to the usual insensitivity to those of us over 40, didn't come in larger sizes. The largest one was an XL. I dutifully took it home, but didn't expect to be able to wear it. I could. I cheated a bit by not drying it in the dryer, and it wasn't the best-fitting shirt I've ever worn, but it didn't look like a sausage casing as I was expecting. Apparently I have lost a pound or two, for which I'm very very grateful.

I celebrated by blowing my diet and eating left-over Romano's Macaroni Grill leftovers from the conference room for lunch, instead of my healthy packed lunch. They sometimes let us in to scavenge the leavings when the star-bellies sneetches are done. It's OK though, I went home and ate a healthy pre-packed lunch for supper tonight, so I guess it balances out. A bit.

I watched the rest of Sudden Fear tonight, and tended to some overdue personal grooming. That’s about it. The life of an internet stud.

No comments: