Monday, May 3, 2010

A post in which I have a date with Billy!*

Paul called this morning to tell me that Cindy had gotten my message late last night. Apparently she had her phone cut off yesterday, which means she didn't call Eve. Paul told me that he didn't know if she would call Eve or not, but I suspect not. I manned up and called Dad to tell him that I had heard from Paul.

Tonight was my long-awaited meeting with new Billy. I wasn’t really nervous, surprisingly. I was tired though; but we’ve worked so long on putting this together that I couldn’t even think about changing the date, not that I really wanted to do so.

I didn’t give myself tons of time to fret or clean the house; it looked pretty good from the weekend anyway. Billy showed up on time, looking better than his pictures. We were comfortable together almost immediately.

I did the tour of the house, and we talked for a bit before deciding to go on out to supper. The chemistry was very good and very strong. We nipped out of the house just in time to get something to eat. I really wanted sushi, but like Jason this weekend, Billy didn’t want sushi tonight. We decided on Indian though, which is just as good. I adore Indian food, and seldom have anyone who wants to go eat it with me. Apparently Billy has the same problem. We decided on India Palace, more because of proximity than for any other reason, but I’m glad we did. It has been a while since I was in there, but the food was just as good as ever. They’ve finished re-doing the dining room and it’s beautiful.

I had several dishes that I know they don’t have at Saffron. My shrimp malai was better than I remembered it being, and the samosas were just as good as I remembered. The poori bread was fried to a delicate pouf of deliciousness. I need to eat there more often. Billy was very complimentary of the food, and we both ate a huge meal.

After supper we went back to my place and continued getting to know each other. No, chemistry was no problem at all. It was a great evening.

No comments: