Saturday, May 1, 2010

A post in which Jason comes to visit*

I knew I had to marshal my strength today, because I woke up still feeling tired and drug out. This E-B is a bitch. I had my coffee, and decided what I would do to get ready for the visit.

Although they really needed trimming, I had decided to leave the hedges for next week yet again. But while I was sitting on the porch this morning drinking my coffee, I decided to get out the nippers and just “get the worst of the sprigs growing up on the porch”. After I did that I went down to do the same in the front. Then I got out the clippers. Shortly after that, I had side-ways mohawks down the tops of all my bushes, and only the hard part was left to be done. It is just against my nature to leave the hard stuff to be done – I usually do it first – so I just got out the ladder and finished trimming the bushes in front of the porch. I did skip the privet hedge at the corner though.

After that I came in to straighten up the house a bit. I ate some breakfast, changed the sheets, vacuumed the rugs, cleaned up the kitchen, and washed my blanket. By the time all that was done, it was about time for Jason to show up. About the time I sat down to rest after my shower, he arrived.

We were both hungry, but ended up getting distracted at the house for a while before we went to eat. We went to Arizona Steakhouse, which I am pleased to say is just as excellent as ever. It has been a while since I’ve been over there (people are reluctant to take a veggie to a steakhouse, but Arizona has an excellent veggie plate). Jason surprised me by getting the veggie plate, so now at least two of their patrons know it’s there. I had a big Caesar salad, a baked potato, and one of their excellent prickly pear margaritas, all of which went down a treat. We ended the meal with their excellent apple cobbler – still the best I have ever eaten, anywhere. Needless to say after this huge lunch, we were pretty much comatose. I ran through Target to pick up a few things, and then we went on home.

We were vegging out watching TV when dana called. She and Miss Kat were at loose ends and were going to come by for a while. So we got up and made ourselves semi-respectable. Miss Kat and dana are just always good company. Miss Kat saw my bedroom finished for the first time, and liked it, for the most part. We ended up just sitting around talking and visiting for a while. They invited us to breakfast in the morning. They didn’t stay late, but between the big meal and the relaxing visit, Jason and I were all in. We turned in early with some Family Guy DVDs. It was a very nice day, but I was wiped!

No comments: