Friday, May 14, 2010

A post in which I am profoundly grateful for Friday

My boss was back in the office today, and seemed determined to shatter the peace I had been enjoying this week at work. He succeeded. So this afternoon while I was trying to prepare for my monthly meeting with him on Monday (the same day I am in report hell for the weekly reports, and the same day he had scheduled our quarterly departmental meeting, for which I also prepare the slides) he decided to re-vamp all the slides for the departmental meeting. Joy. I managed to get it all done, but not without homicidal thoughts. I was very glad it was Friday.

When I got home I luxuriated in the fact that I have no plans tomorrow, and nowhere I have to be. I thought about calling Miss Kat and dana, but I was pretty wiped from the week, and decided I would benefit from a little down time. I felt too tired to really be good company.

I finished the book I’ve been reading, fooled around online, splurged on frozen pizza and Pop Tarts for dinner, watched some telly, and picture-shopped on eBay. I was thinking I might do a little picture-shopping tomorrow; maybe go down to Anderson…

No comments: