Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A post in which I begin to pay for the weekend

I woke up this morning feeling like hammered shit. I am certainly paying for the weekend. Despite having had nine hours of sleep, I was still exhausted. I was sleepy all day. There was nothing to do but take my pills and tough it out. I had month end reports to do.

I made it about halfway through the day before I lost my head of determination. I just knew I couldn’t be doing my best work. I slacked off a bit and left some for tomorrow. I was so tired and achy that I was worried about accuracy. My head was kind of swimmy too.

The best thing that happened today was that when I checked the Kohl's website, they did have The Shorts in my size!! I was very excited, and ordered two pair. I can't wait for them to get here!

When I got off work I couldn’t decide what I wanted to eat. I wanted to go over the Silver Bay, but it’s right by Miss Kat and dana’s house. I wasn’t up to visiting tonight, and I was afraid if they found out I had been so close and not dropped by their feelings would be hurt. I ended up stopping at the Clock (at least it wasn't chain fast food, right?) and getting a seafood plate. It was more vile than I had expected. But after consuming 1,800 calories or so, I was sated.

Dad called tonight, apparently to tell me that I could borrow the Town Car whenever I wanted. I think that was his way of telling me he felt bad about last week without actually apologizing. I considered taking it to SELF, but with the worry about something happening to it, the extra gas it would take, and the fact that we wouldn't be able to smoke in the car, it turned into a bad idea. I changed out a load of laundry and fell in the bed.

No comments: