Monday, May 17, 2010

A post in which I am given the brush-off

I woke up this morning sleepy, but not feeling nearly as bad as I expected – despite having a crappy night’s sleep. I had taken some Ibuprofen before I went to bed to stave off the worst of it, and took some more this morning first thing.

I had a rough day planned but one of the meetings got moved, which made things easier. I got through the day OK. I was tired, but functional. I got a lot done.

About lunch, I texted new Billy to find out about tonight. I was supposed to go out to his house for him to fix supper. I was torn. On the one hand, I’m pooped. On the other though, this is our second date. I wasn’t about to cancel out on a second date with the most promising guy I’ve met in a while.

Turns out I didn’t have to. In response to my second text message, I got a response at 5:25, just
before I left work “Sorry man gonna take a rain check... talk to you soon…” What the hell does that even mean? A rain check? It makes me feel like a marked down raincoat. It made me feel pretty unimportant – as if I didn’t matter enough for him to overcome some minor inconvenience. I don’t get it. I thought things had gone so well before. There were problems, as there are in any situation. But I was willing to try to work around his impossible schedule and was prepared to drive out to timbuck three to stay at his place since he has three dogs that have to be let out. The whole thing just leaves me feeling discouraged and unwanted. Back to the reject table.

I will be interested to hear the excuse if he ever calls, but he’s never called me since we’ve been talking. I’ve always initiated the conversations. I doubt I’ll ever hear from him again. It sounds distinctly like a brush-off to me.

It’s been a rough week month for my ego. First the Jason thing (and he was supposed to be crazy about me) and now this. Last year at this time I was in love, but of course that didn’t turn out very well either.

I went to the grocery store on the way home. I had intended to buy a bunch of junk food and blow it out, but I didn’t even feel like doing that. I talked to Justin for a few minutes on the phone, but really didn’t feel like talking.

I went home, ate some smoked almonds (I got them as a treat) and some popcorn, and went to bed.

No comments: