Friday, April 30, 2010

A post in which I go home to rest

A quiet enough day at work. The storm will break next week when the month-end numbers come in.

It's Eve's birthday on Sunday. She turns 60. Dad told me yesterday that "She's looking for some big gesture" from me because of the milestone. I thanked him for giving me so much notice! If I hadn't called to check the date, I don't know when he would have called me to tell me that I was expected to come up with something. I ordered her some flowers today. I know she loves them, and that they mean more when they're delivered where other people can see them, so I sent them to the shop. She seemed most pleased when she called me later. Of course she really wants to hear from Cindy. I hope she does. I know she'd rather have a weed from Cindy than a thousand dollars worth of flowers from me, but I'm stepping into the breach.

I was expecting Jason to come tonight, but he called me to say he wouldn’t be in until tomorrow. That was fine. I needed to rest this evening anyway. I am really worn out. I fooled around on the computer for a while before turning in.

No comments: