Sunday, March 1, 2009

A post in which I finally clean up a bit

After waking and recovering a bit today, I had a call from Russ. He was going to take a freezer over to Miss Kat and dana's today, and asked if I would help. Well of course I would, but I really needed to get some stuff done around here. I started doing wash. And the more I washed, the more I found that needed washing. I had three winter coats with stains, and washed all of them. I did all the laundry, sheets, etc. I still have some throws and stuff that needs to go through.

Just as I was looking for an excuse to delay real cleaning, the movie Gaslight came on TCM. I had never seen it, and it is on my list of movies I want to see, so I decided to watch it. It was pretty good, but just as we were getting to the heart-stopping conclusion, the TCM signal went out. Yeah, I was pretty pissed about that. I scared the cat. I thought with cable you weren't supposed to have to put up with that shit!

I finally decided I just couldn't stand the kitchen floor another minute. While I was doing prep work to start in there, it started snowing. That had been in the forecast, but I had really thought it would be too wet and warm for it to stick. I was wrong. After about the first inch, I knew we wouldn't be doing any freezer delivery today, and set to in earnest. I pulled the appliances out and cleaned under them, did the baseboards, cleaned the mats the cats eat on, etc.

While I was doing this, Justin called. I figured he had called because he was excited about the snow, but it wasn't snowing in Spartanburg yet. I tried to tell him it was snowing like crazy here, but he said he wanted to come hang out anyway. About halfway here, he called to tell me he was turning around.

We ended up getting about 4-6 inches here. That's a lot of snow for us.

I finished mopping, and sat down to rest just a mo. The power then blinked twice. I decided to go ahead and get cleaned up. I usually lose power if anyone in the state does, and I didn't want to be sitting here nasty in the dark. I lit candles just in case, and showered up.

I went on to bed. I was tired. Plus I know they won't close the office tomorrow. They never close our office. And a lot of people will call in.

No comments: