Monday, March 2, 2009

A post in which it has snowed

And the whole state was in a panic about it. As usual.

The roads did look bad. I checked the news to find out how bad traffic was, and when the temp was supposed to go up. There was a huge pile-up on 85N headed to Charlotte, and some people had sat there all night after transfer trucks (as per usual) had jack-knifed all over the highway. The highway patrol was telling everyone to stay off the roads. I ate some breakfast, and decided to take a nap.

When I woke up, I decided to finish cleaning up and get ready to go into the office. The roads were looking better. I finished up a load of laundry, and made sure all my coats were hanging so they would dry.

I got to the office about 12:15. My boss, of course, had been there since 8:35. I set to work. I had month end to do, and there is a lot on my desk right now. I put in a full day. Justin and James called. They were out playing today since school had been called and James didn't have to work. They were just shocked that I was working.

Donnie called. His cat died this morning. I told him I would check back with him later to see if he wanted me to come by. I'm glad he isn't living alone. Marty is there with him, and I knew she wouldn't be working today, since she works for the state.

Justin called back. He wanted to go to dinner. I decided that I would blow off going to get groceries (I didn't feel like going earlier, and I knew later it would be a mad-house with all the snow craziness) and go to dinner with him if Donnie didn't need me.

I finished up at my desk, and hit the gym, then called Donnie. He said he was OK, so I headed for Spartanburg. dana called on the way up to invite me to their house, so I guess today was just my day to be popular. I told her I'd go over there one night this week.

Justin and I had intended to go get Thai food, but Thai Taste was closed, so we went to a Chinese buffet, surprisingly enough, since Justin doesn't like Chinese buffet. But this one was pretty good, and they had sushi too, which was the saving grace for him. It wasn't as good as the one Russ and I went to off Woodruff the other week, but it was quite good. The tuna nigiri was excellent.

The roads were still wet and the temperature was dropping again, so after dinner, we did a bit of shopping, and then I dropped Justin back at the apartment complex and headed home. He was going down to James and Jeff's apartment, but I'll see them Wednesday night at dinner night anyway. James's new thing is that we are going to have a dinner night at his apartment every Wednesday, and everyone bring something. This week is the first one.

The roads were fine on the way home.

No comments: