Thursday, March 12, 2009

A post in which I rationalize spending yet more money

Another early morning. More vivid dreams that turned decidedly adult in nature. More coffee.

More work. I have things back under control. As long as there isn't yet more client dumpage I should survive the week. In addition, it looks as if I will collect on a $280k account, which will be a little star in my crown at the office. I finished up the day by actually turning in part of that %$#@!! insurance application. My Canadian contact was happy, but then she has to work for the White Bitch, so basically any human interaction is a refreshing change for her.

I called Laura on the way home to see if they were going out to Molina's tonight for dinner. Donnie's group does that on Thursdays, but I don't like it because of the incredibly loud live music there. I've been kind of itchy to go out in the evenings this week, in part because the weather has been pretty, although it chilled down today. I ended up just going over to their place to see what they wanted to do. We had cocktails on the deck and caught up. I've told myself that I really need to stop going out to eat by myself - neither my wallet nor my waist can afford it. But I am allowed to go if it is a social occasion. That's important for my mental health.

Eve called me today to tell me that BB has skirted death once again. The h0me she was in let her lungs fill up with fluid, basically without realizing (or caring much) what was going on. Finally one of the nurses became concerned and called Eve. BB spent a week in the hospital, and they moved her to a new home. It's supposed to be a lot nicer than the one she was in, which is great. The bad part is that this home is in Hendersonville, so it's not going to be easy to just pop in. I can't help but wonder if that is part of the reason for putting her there.

Kimbley, Laura, Matt and I ended up going to El Matador tonight to eat. I got the big welcome even though I wasn't there with a big group. They are all so nice there. We had a lovely meal. K&L hadn't eaten there in years. Like many Greenvillians, they kind of over look the EM because it's been there so long. Plus Donnie's group endorses Molina's. Anyway. They seemed to enjoy their food as well.

We went back to their house afterwards and chatted for a bit. We had thought about playing Scrabble, but ended up just talking, which suited me fine. Eventually though, we were all worn out. It was a school night after all. And Kimbley was about to fall asleep right on the couch. I headed on home.

No comments: