Sunday, March 8, 2009

A post in which I visit Miss Kat and dana*

dana, if you may recall, had called me last Monday about visiting them. But what with my schedule and theirs, we weren't able to work it out until today.

I woke up this morning and realized the time had changed, so I re-set all the clocks. I hate that Spring forward thing, but at least I don't have to listen to Michael bitch about it. I can be grumpy about it on my own, quietly.

I mostly took it easy today. I did a load or two of wash, had a visit from a friend, changed the sheets. I also napped up a bit because I figured I'd be out later than I planned on tonight. I was right about that. I talked myself out of going to the flea market this morning, deciding that going yesterday was enough, but it was GORGEOUS outside today, and I'm sure I missed some good stuff. Anderson Jockey Lot would have been the place to be. Or even better, Barnyard. But I was a good boy. I 'm trying to talk myself into doing housework on weekend mornings instead of spending money at the flea market. I'll get back to you on how that little resolution works out.

I didn't realize how warm it was out until I left for Miss Kat and dana's about six. It was really nice outside.

I filled up the car, and got a pack of smokes (yes, I know - that's nuts, I just spent three days trying to hack up a lung), and headed on over.

We talked and visited, and Miss Kat made those wonderful lime cookies she makes that are my very favorite. We ordered out pizza for dinner, LOL. I ate pizza for dinner last night, breakfast, and lunch today. Miss Kat was like "Can you eat pizza again?" I told her I could eat pizza dead, you just have to prop my head up and put the corner in my mouth to get me started.

I got to see the wonderful Max and love on him. I saw Jack too, and played with him for a bit. He about had a little doggy heart attack when the pizza man rang the bell. Helen made a brief appearance at the top of the stairs and said hello.

It was a lovely evening, as always, and we talked and caught up on each other's lives. It does my heart good to see them so happy together. Miss Kat put in Epic Movie, so we'd have something brainless to watch that we could talk during without really missing anything. I wondered how much money that black little person has built up now - he's in all those movies. I had a great time, and before I knew it, it was almost 10pm. I had to get home.

I have my first day back in 2.5 days tomorrow. I'm going to have to hit the ground running.

No comments: