Thursday, March 5, 2009

A post in which I feel worse

After a feverish and uncomfortable night, I woke up and called in to work.

I made an appointment with the doctor.

I had jinxed myself. I had told all these people in the last month that I haven't had an upper respiratory infection since the surgery last summer. Guess what I have. Sigh. I take a bit of comfort in the fact that I don't think I would have taken sick if I hadn't been positively bombarded with germs everywhere I go. Half the office has been sick, as have most of my friends.

To add insult to injury, the grand result of my workout and eat right program has been that I gained four pounds. Sigh. It was just one of those days.

I got my antibiotics filled, came home, and went to bed.

There was a Bonita Granville Nancy Drew marathon on Turner Classic Movies today, but I couldn't get into it. Even her cute boyfriend Frankie Thomas couldn't keep me interested. I dozed off and on for most of the day.

I did talk to Lisa today, finally, and told her happy birthday. Cole got his present that I sent down with Mom, and was apparently very happy with it. I had put extra money on his GameStop card because of the guilt. He said I could forget his birthday next year too if I wanted.

I talked to Miss Kat as well. I'm going over to see them Sunday evening.

No comments: