Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A post in which I am a good boy, until I'm not

Woke up again early this morning, and had coffee and cigs on the porch, relishing the fact that I don't have to wrap up like Nanook of the North to do so. Soon it will be nice weather all the time again. It's really time for me to do some work in the yard.

I got to work, dug out of one pile of hell, had a brief moment of respite, and then they just dumped fresh hell back all over me. I didn't so much leave the office as surrender and escape.

Incidentally, during the lull, I had time for a quick informal poll about men and their feet. Surprisingly, some of the women I work with did say their husbands (presumably straight) did take care of their feet. One guy gets pedicures in the summertime. One guy grind his calluses off with a grinder bit on his drill. Interesting. Many more though, apparently don't even think about it.

In mid-bolt, I remembered on the way home that I had some errands I needed to run. Cindy's birthday is today, and I still haven't even sent Lisa a card. I usually forget Lisa's like every year, and then remember in time to do hers and Cindy's at the same time. I got cards for both, and went on to the pet shop to get cat food. Running out of cat food at my house is a tragedy of life-altering proportion.

I was getting ready to leave..... but unfortunately for me, there is a Ross's Dress for Less at the shopping center where I stopped. I meandered in, on the premise that I need a new fitted sheet for a set of sheets that I have. Yeah right. OK, I gave in. They had a set of Ralph Lauren sheets, deep pocket, 100% cotton, a pattern of white paisley over tan. Kind of like pale, classy gingerbread. Yeah, they came home with me. I have made a Scarlett O'Hara vow to clean out the sheets. I have several sets that need to go. Truly.

I got home, opened the windows, and played on the computer while my sheets washed. Then I poured myself a root beer. For some reason lately I am craving root beer like crazy. I could care less what else is at the house as long as I still have root beer. Weird. Having virtuously avoided the temptation of eating out (despite the boocoodles of money I spent tonight - cat food has gone up again), I ate salad that was about to go bad. Not what I wanted. But it did the job. TCM had war movies on tonight, so I watched Family Guy re-runs until bedtime.

No comments: