Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A post in which I feel like shit

Well when I woke up this morning, the first thing I realized was that I was definitely getting sick yesterday. Working out last night was apparently a really bad idea. But I had two meetings scheduled today. One I was to attend, and another I had to prepare all the slides for. I dragged my carcass out of bed and through the shower. I texted James and Justin that I wouldn't be at the dinner tonight, and headed in to the office.

When my boss got in, he found me hard at work. I told him that I was doing the morning meeting and then leaving for the day. Not a peep from him, since he's been dragging his pestilence-ridden body into the office now for two weeks, and has half the damn staff sick.

I did the meeting, at which I was surprisingly supposed to speak. I turned in the month-end presentation. I sent him the slides for his afternoon meeting. I caught up on calls on the 8,000 accounts piled on my desk.

Then I left.

I went through the grocery store to pick up some juice and sick food, then went home and laid my body gratefully down.

James, bless his heart, drove all the way down from Spartanburg to bring the special stuffed peppers he had made for me for tonight, complete with veggie stuffing. Unfortunately, he brought Jeff in with him. Jeff had never seen the house before. It, and I, both looked like hammered shit. But it was very nice of James to bring food all the way down so all I had to do was pop it in the oven tonight for supper.

It was pretty spicy, and I couldn't eat a whole bunch of it, but it was nice to have a supper ready-made.

No comments: