Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A post in which I am depressed*

On top of not feeling well in general.

I slept badly last night when I did sleep. I was up in the middle of the night to check my emails to see if I had heard from any of my friends about the party drama. I actually had a nice email from the victim this morning. But I woke up feeling like a cheap cotton shirt straight out of the dryer - stiff, wadded up, and out of sorts.

I slept for a while longer and felt a bit better. I think my new medicine is helping too. I arranged for a visit from a buddy this afternoon, but that didn't seem to help much with my general out-of-sortsness. I don't like it when people fuss. Particularly when I care about everyone involved.

I wanted to feel like I accomplished something today, so I baked some cinnamon raisin quick bread. I thought about Russ because he's allergic to raisins. It actually turned out much better and lighter than I expected. For some reason, pulling something out of the oven always gives me a feeling of accomplishment (I blame it on working so long in a job with no tangible results). Plus I made it in my vintage Fire King Sapphire Blue loaf pan, and it turned out so pretty that I really should have made a picture. I'll make that again. I was thinking it would be great for teas, or for a weekend breakfast when I have company. But then so many people don't like raisins any more.

I watched some telly on hulu.com, and then switched over to telly when the Tuesday night Family Guy marathon started on TBS. I was in bed by about 8:30.

No comments: