Monday, March 16, 2009

A post in which I solicit opinions

As opposed to the stuff I usually solicit.

I woke up tired, and went in to work exhausted. I talked myself into going on in because I could sit down once I got to my desk. I called the doctor and had some more stuff called in.

Work was actually quiet today, for a change. I was hoping things were calming down a bit, but then I got another half million dumped on my desk this afternoon. There's just no way to keep up any more. I just did the best I could and then left when it was time.

I talked to a friend on the way home about the unfolding drama, but said friend didn't have any new insights at this point either.

I had been lusting for simosas all weekend, so I went to Saffron after work and just ordered some. I had thought I would eat those only (I was going to get a whole plate of them, but was too embarrassed to do it once I got there), but then since I was there I ordered a whole dinner along with them and just made a pig of myself. This after eating dal for lunch too. But I wanted it, I didn't feel like fooling with dinner at home, and was just like "Screw it."

I stopped by the drug store on the way home and got my new medicine. I really hope it works. I don't feel really bad as much as just drug out and really, really tired. This just sucks. I knew this junk would come back, that's why I just went ahead and called the doc.

By the time I got home I just had no wind left in my sails. I got up this morning feeling beaten, and this melt-down between my friends just kind of finished off the day for me. I waved the white flag.

I called Michael after I took my medicine. We talked for a while, and he shared his opinion. He knows all the people involved. Hearing his opinion actually made me feel more strongly about the opposite, as I'm sure would be no surprise to him. Sometimes hearing someone else makes you realize what you have been thinking anyway. I haven't made a decision yet though. I want to hear from a few more people first. A younger Steve would have just made a snap decision and plowed into the middle of the fray without hesitation. I'm apparently becoming more circumspect in my old age. That sounds better than sneaky, doesn't it?

I talked to him about the specials I watched Saturday night since I thought he would find them interesting, and then rung off. It was a long day, but I finally got to do what I wanted - I pulled up the covers and went to sleep.

No comments: