Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Lisa sent me this adorable picture of Ava, standing on Carl's hand again. She was dressed up like a little clown this year. Isn't she precious!

Donnie and Donna converse around ye olde fire pit.


Laura and JB at the party


I turned out to be in greater demand than I first thought.

I invited several friends over tonight to give out candy and watch movies, but nobody came. I thought Anna from work would, but she stood me up. I wonder if she has social anxiety disorder. This is not the first time she's done this, and she was really nervous the one time she had dinner with Jaimi and Rhonda and me. I was pretty disappointed.

But not for long. Donnie called and said Kimbley and Laura were having a movie night. So I put a note on the candy, left it on the front porch for the kids, and headed over there. I took a bag of candy with me to share with folks there. I had a great time! K & L have a DVD projector, and set it up in their back yard, along with a big screen, and we watched movies on the deck. We watched Rosemary's Baby first. I had never seen it all the way through, and I can see why it was such a hit when it was released. It's a good movie. Then we watched The Strangers. The promos for it scared me to death, but the movie wasn't that scary. After about the 4th "pop-up" scare, I was like "Oh, please." I read the reviews on it when it came out, and although it was supposed to be "based on true events", I couldn't find any record of the family it supposedly happened to. Still, it was entertaining to call them on all the horror movie cliches. (Banana peel feet, many sprained ankles, putting down the gun, etc.)

By the time that was over, most of the people were heading out. But Kimbley and Laura wanted to watch Rocky Horror too, and I'm just always up to doing the Time Warp again. I got home about 3:30am.

My senior moments continue. I stopped for a new pack of smokes before the party. When I got there I finished the old pack, took one out of the new one, and promptly threw the full pack into the fire, thinking it was the empty. When I then bummed a cig, I lit the wrong end of it. I just pinched the filter off and smoked it without. But I'm thinking geez, I'm a moron.

Smoking issues aside though, I had a great time. It was really good to see that gang, I hadn't seen them in a while. Prolly not since the Hat Party this spring.

Donna F was there. It was really good to see her, especially since the last time I did didn't go so well. We were at the Anderson County Fair when we got into it about GW, so that was in 2004. She was a big Bush supporter, and I'm like "HOW?" I think it has to do with issues she's talked to me about. But then many of them are 'Pubs, for whatever reason. I'm assuming they are fiscal conservatives, since a lot of them have money, but GW hasn't really been much of a fiscal conservative on a national level. Donnie had a fucking "Joe the Plumber" t-shirt on! I just roll my eyes and go on. I do love them. They are sweet people. But being a gay Republican is kind of like being a Jewish Nazi to me. I just try not to think about politics when I'm around them.

At least that stupid marriage amendment isn't on the table this time, unless something happens to McCain. If he wins, I would support life support, drugs, teenage female hormones, or implantation of a robust midget to keep that man alive. Sarah Palin scares the bejeezus out of me. The last thing we need is a female W in the White House, and in power. Esp a photogenic female W. Lord, please NO! That's all I can say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.