Friday, October 10, 2008

Dinner with Justin

I had an OK day at work, but hat to tell off a Business Development rep who was driving me nuts. We'll see how this plays out. He was pretty mad when I got off the phone. He's trying to set an account back up that we had to sue and levy their bank account to collect the last time they did business with us.

I had planned on just going home tonight and reading. I started Pen Pals by Olivia Goldsmith today, and it feels like a guilty pleasure after the inscrutability of House of Leaves, despite a rather grim beginning. I'm luxuriating in the ease of comprehension and sane plot line. It's about women in prison, and despite the start, I am promised a novel of revenge. Should be good. Goldsmith also wrote First Wives Club.

Justin called. He was in town and said he wanted to go to a "nice restaurant for mediocre food". We ended up going to Atlanta Bread Company. Over sandwiches, salad, and soup, we caught up on what has been going on the last couple of weeks. Apparently James has a new boyfriend - despite the whole "no relationship for a year" thing. Sounds like Lisa. Justin continues to lose weight, and although frankly it worries me the way he is doing it, I didn't feel it was my place to intercede.

Not so Justin. After dinner, we decided to do a bit of shopping, and rode over the Kohl's and looked around. We then went on to Target. I wanted to see if they had any of those chili pepper Choxie bars anymore, but sadly they don't seem to be making them any longer. As I was looking at the candy, Justin was like "Are you sure you want candy?" Yeah. I let him live anyway.

That little comment aside, it was good to see him and catch up. I really needed to go shopping, since I need some new work pants, but didn't buy any. Amazingly, I didn't buy anything. Yeah, even I was surprised.

2 comments:

JLo said...

I wasn't asking because I have any particular stake in your candy consumption. I just happened to read where you talk about your weight and thought you'd want to someone to ask that question.

And most of what I told you about my "diet" was hyperbole anyway.

thefabulousmrthing said...

I didn't. Thanks anyway. I'm not dwelling on it.