Friday, October 24, 2008

A LATE night

The "anti-onion ring" I got at Denny's tonight. It's being a "no Drew" ring in this picture. I just thought this was very unusual, and thus preserved it for posterity.

Tonight was the bear dinner for October. The plan was that we would go to Spartanburg, eat, and then go to the Wompus Woods, a haunted trail thing here. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. It was cold drizzly yuck pretty much all day. I wasn't really torn out of the frame about it, since I'm not that into scary stuff; and supposedly this trail is really scary. There has been a heart attack and a seizure already this year, and one of the girls at work told me her 15 year old daughter went and wet her pants.

So after work, I went over to Russ and Billy's house to ride up with them. Russ was late, which isn't unusual, but he then called and said he was in a car accident. Fortunately, it was minor one and no one was hurt. There wasn't even that much damage to the car. But since South Carolinians drive like idiots any time water comes from the sky, there were wrecks all over the place, and Russ spent several hours waiting for the cops to come and write out the accident report. He missed dinner, which he was most discombobulated about. Russ HATES to miss anything.

Billy, Ben, and I rode up for dinner at Denny's. I know, big thrill. But that was a central place that everyone could find. Also, since it was closer for them, Bill and Drew came tonight, and they don't usually come any more. Cougar was there, and looking good in a black leather biker jacket. He sat next to me at dinner, and I enjoyed talking to him. It was pretty much unanimous that we weren't going to the wet mucky haunted woods tonight.

When we got home, Russ was there, feathers all ruffled. He was quite put out. But we watched a bit of telly and went out to smoke and talk on the porch. Two of the newer bear group guys called and came over, and we ended up having a game night. We played "Apples to Apples", "Taboo" (my personal favorite, although I didn't do that well tonight), and "Scattergories", which was also fun, but harder than taboo.

It was a great evening, and I had a really good time. It was really late when I got home though. About 3am. I'm going to be in serious sleep depravation, because I had insomnia last night, but since I had been sleeping like falling in a hole all week, I figured I could handle it.

No comments: