Friday, October 17, 2008

Dinner out with Russ and Billy

Today was a long day. It makes the week seem so much longer when you're really not looking forward to the weekend. I need to paint tomorrow, but it has been so drizzly and yucky here, I've about decided I won't be able to do it.

I did get paid today though, so I went and bought the paint. I brought a clipping of the coleus I wanted matched with me to work and kept it in water, so I'd have it with me already tonight. The lady at Home Depot this time wasn't nearly as cool and sassy as the girl that waited on me before, but she was very nice and very helpful, and didn't bat an eye when I told her I wanted the purple from my coleus matched to paint the house. The electronic eye couldn't read a leaf, but she was able to get amazingly close to the color I wanted. I am encouraged. Even if I am not thrilled about painting again. I also went by the pet store to get cat food on my way home, and my food and litter costs are up by $12 a trip! Since it was $50 per trip before, that is quite signifciant.

After the shopping, I went out to Iraishai with Russ and Billy for dinner. I had read an article today about sushi, and was ravenous for some. It had been a while since I had any. We went to Iraishai since it is really close to Russ's shop, and he was working late. Unfortunately, the food quality was just off tonight, and I was disappointed in dinner. The best thing we had was a dish they call green beans age which is just tempura breaded and fried green beans served with a pepper paste and mayo dipping sauce. About as Japanese as tacos, but really tasty. Had I known my sushi was going to be so mediocre, I would have just had a plate of them.

The big surprise at dinner tonight was that Russ and Billy told me that they are going to sponsor me for membership in The Kindred! I was absolutely blown away - it was the last thing I was expecting. The Kindred is a leather family. It's hard to describe if you've never done any BDSM, but basically they are a chosen family. You pledge your loyalty and fealty when you are accepted for membership. I already know most of them through the time I have spent at LOCK functions - and most of them feel like family already. They are people I love. It is a great honor to be asked to join. They also told me that Carmina and Adder are going to be invited! I was excited about that too, since I adore both of them.

When we finished dinner, we went by the new shop for a while. It is coming along, but pretty slowly. I told Russ I just didn't see that he could be ready to move in in a week. I think he's going to delay the move another week. I don't see how he can not do that.

We looked at a bunch of funiture the guy that owns the building has just sitting around everywhere. Some of it is good stuff, but unfortunately much of it is just sitting around outside in the rain, or in a leaky-roofed building, being ruined. I don't understand why you would get stuff like that and then just let it ruin. Russ says the owner, a guy named Ben, wants me to look at some lots of glass that he bought and tell him what they are. That should prove interesting.

No comments: