Friday, October 3, 2008

Dinner out with Michael and Joe

The day got off to another rough start - I was up for three hours with insomnia last night. I just did the coffee and cigarette thing, deciding to skip watering the plants in my morning routine. I needed the coffee worse.

We were supposed to come in and move our stuff on Saturday, but my boss was gone, and IT didn't want to be here all day Saturday either, so we all broke down and moved to our new area this afternoon. I got all my stuff moved, set up, and re-connected, and then found that I didn't have any power. Dammit. I guess I'm going to have to ride over tomorrow anyway, to at least push the button and try to test my system. I don't want it to look like I just totally blew it off, but it would have been nice not to have to come in tomorrow.

Also, it was like 85 degrees in the new area this afternoon. That is worrisome. I've been hot in the old building, to the point that I wear summer shirts to work year-round to try to stay somewhat comfortable. In the new building, we have large windows, which I am right beside, that face full West. From about 2pm on, they're going to have sunlight streaming in. I'm going to be like a rotisserie chicken in there. We have already been told the company will put up no blinds. I don't know what I'm going to do. I need to get a fan for sure. To make it worse, it was only about 72 degrees outside this afternoon. I can't imagine what it will be like in the summer, when the temp is over 100 degrees every afternoon.

Of course I ended up being at the office late, so I had to dash home, fluff the house quickly, and then get a shower. I was all dusty and yukky from having to move all that dusty stuff and clean my desk.

We went over to Corona's for Mexican. The restaurant was really crowded, and I know Michael doesn't like crowds. Fortunately, I got there before them, so was able to go ahead and get in line for a table. Our table was pretty crappy, and we got the surly waiter, but the food there is really good, and Michael seemed happy with it.

Afterwards we went back to my place to talk and hang out for a while. We ended up out on the porch. It was really nice outside.

They have invited me to go leaf-peeping in the mountains on Sunday, and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't done anything like that in years. Usually my Fall things are a trip to the beach with Mom, which I didn't get to do last year since I was waiting for the surgery; and the Fall Campout, which I'm not doing this year. It will be nice to get up to the mountains for a bit. Maybe we can stop and get some apples. Maybe some cider. Some lunch at a little restaurant in Hendersonville... Nice.

No comments: