Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lovely evening*

Well I have to say it was lovely to come home and not have to worry about yelling at (or worse, trying not to yell at) a kid.

Talked to Russ today. It seems they have changed their minds, and now will be going to Charlotte tomorrow night, which means I am out of the party they were going to take me to here in town. Oh well. More time to give out candy, which I really love to do. I'll tune in some good scary movies on cable, or pop one in the VCR.

I'll be feeding Oliver for Russ and Billy on Saturday. It's going to be a busy day. I'll be painting (grrrrr), driving over to feed the dog, and trying to get a head start on getting things together for the beach. Russ tried to talk me into going to Columbia for Sir Michael's birthday, and I'd really love to go, but this weekend is just going to be frantic enough already.

I talked to Michael tonight, and tried to get him and Joe to go out to dinner with me, but it was dependent on Joe's acceptance, and I couldn't wake him up with his phone. Apparently he sleeps a lot during the day now. He hurt his leg, and has been out of work.

The beautiful artist came over and visited for a while tonight. It was really good to see him. It had been too long. I was so glad to run into him at the flea market the other week.

I talked to Justin in the phone tonight for a good while, catching up on what has been going on with him. He is so busy right now with school and things that he doesn't have much of a social life. I also caught up on what has been going on with James, which is apparently much more fast-paced. I missed the re-run of Barak Obama on the Daily Show, which I wanted to see, but it was worth it. I did catch the tail-end of it.

I got a Halloween card from my Mom. She always sends me one. Halloween used to be such a huge thing back when I was younger, in the bar days. She has never forgotten. We're both counting the days to the beach.

1 comment:

JLo said...

I'm disappointed this is still Thursday.