Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A busy day

Fortunately, with month end needing to be done, new accounts coming in, and getting ready to move, in addition to my regular job, I was way too busy to be broody today.

I did walk over to see the new desk after work today. It seems like a nice enough area, but there is absolutely no privacy. What little we had before has been totally designed out of the new area. Sigh. Who needs big brother, with "open plan seating". Still, it will be really nice to be in a new area, and out of the gray box I have been in for the last 15 years. I had a break for a while when I first started with SYNNEX. They were renting a really nice facility, but they bought the building from my old job after about a year and a half, and I was right back in the gray box. For eight years without a break now.

Still, even with the problems, I'm looking forward to a change. It makes me want to change some stuff around at the house.

When I got off work, I was dying for a greek salad at this place near the office called Paisano's. I hadn't been there in forever, but they have this addictive salad dressing that is like liquid crack. I really shouldn't spend the money, but went anyway. It was wonderful.

Sated at last, I headed home, really intending to finally clean the bathroom tonight, but then I got distracted. It was stuffy when I got home, and I decided to un-stick the bedroom windows so I could open them. The one on the side of the house has been painted shut for years. When I got outside, I found that it had been cauked shut at the bottom. Kind of a moot point, since there is a gap in that window that keeps it from being anything like air-tight, cauk or not. I got out the ladder, putty knfe, and finally a hammer, but I got it open. Then I turned on the attic fan and pulled fresh air through the bedroom.

That done, I felt as if I had done my "house" thing for the day, and rested on my laurels.

No comments: