Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thankfully, my latest bout of insomnia seems to have passed. I slept like falling in a hole last night. Maybe it was the new sheets - hmmmmm. It's amazing the things I will do to justify buying more linens.

The office was much colder today. It seems they had turned the AC way up to deal with the sun issue yesterday. It was overcast today, and we were all freezing. I don't understand why the thermostadt doesn't actually go by temperature, but then I guess that's too logical. It was pretty damn cold today. The sun did come in eventually, but we got an email today telling us that the official position on blinds had changed, and that we would be getting some. So that will be nice. In the meantime, I'm taking a jacket in to work.

I got regular groceries on the way home today. My "extra" check for October is way gone. I am eating out too much. So I virtuously went home and had a salad for dinner. I thought about Miss Kat, since I had extra Caesar dressing. I have got to drop some weight - I know that's not the way to do it. "Low-fat" Caesar dressing is a relative thing.

Interestingly, I found at the store tonight that they now make Pop Tarts with fiber in them - 5 grams apiece - which I found pretty impressive. Since they were on sale, I got some, and felt more justified than usual in eating them for dessert.

I did a bit of laundry, and intended to get to bed early, but I got sucked into the world of Youtube and ended up watching a bunch of old MadTV clips. I also watched the lampoon of the VP debate on the Saturday Night Live website. It was absoultely hilarious! I'm sure the SNL folks are hoping she gets elected - she's a gold mine for them. I watched some of the other clips, but most of them were pretty lackluster. I didn't see anything worth staying up to see except for the Palin stuff.

2 comments:

JLo said...

Something about the idea of a) having an official policy on blinds and b) the fact that a change to this policy was announced via e-mail caused me to laugh out loud.

thefabulousmrthing said...

That was actually pretty straight-forward and sane for a large corporation.

Their original position was that we had lobbied for windows (we had) and that we would damn well not cover them up now. Of course we didn't realize that we would be blinded and roasted every afternoon by windows that face directly West.