Thursday, October 23, 2008

A good talk with Rhonda

Had a pretty good day at work today. I decided to call Rhonda tonight, since she is one of the people I need to return calls to. I'm really bad about calling people, because I work on the phone. The last thing I want to do at night is talk on the phone usually.

We had a really good converstation though. We caught up a bit on what has been going on in each other's lives. Her son Tony has dropped out of high school. Sigh. He is such a smart boy, and has so much potential. At one point his grades could have earned him a scholarship to an Ivy League school, but he just quit trying. He's had a very turbulent childhood and home life, and it just seems like nothing matters to him anymore. But he has his GED now, and she says he's going in to nursing school. I hope he makes it. He's a good kid, he just really needs a boot up his ass, and Rhonda just won't do it, for whatever reason. Rhonda and I also talked about food (and the challenges of cooking for her lover Sabrina), and talked about my Kindred project.

To join, you are asked to complete a project for the group. You have a year to complete it. It should be something that benefits the group. I'm thinking about doing a recipe book with my best tried and true recipes in it. Rhonda seemed to think it was a good idea. I'll bounce it off Russ and Billy this weekend and see what they think.

It was really good talking to Rhonda. I miss her.

No comments: