Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scooting out of chores again

Paul called today at work. He wanted to test the waters and see how things are on this end. I told him, in regards to him, they were the same as ever. Dad was born right and has been going uphill ever since. He vented for a while, and told me he has released the money to Dad, and was waiting on a release from Dad. He had made release of the funds conditional upon the release, but told me that he had released the funds anyway, even though Dad said he would never sign a release. I told him he could count on never seeing that. He also said an apology would go a long way to fixing this problem, but I told him not to hold his breath for that one either. I reiterate here that Cindy was wrong in the beginning, but expecting Dad to be gracious is just unrealistic apparently. It is amazing to me that the man has absolutely no diplomatic skills. He wants to see his grandson, but can't bring himself to say a civil word to his son-in-law to effect that end.

I really needed to cook tonight. I need some veggies to take for lunch tomorrow.

But when I got off work, I was starving. I had brought a light lunch today, and all I could think about was pizza. So I went to the pizza buffet. When I got out of there, Mom was calling me. Since we didn't get a chance to talk to her last weekend, we talked for a half hour.

I left the parking lot, and was going over to get broccoli from BJ's. I knew they were closing the BJ's here, but I didn't know tonight was the last night they would be open. Most of the stuff was gone, but I went in to see if they had any of the stuff I use from there. It was gone already. Plus it was really depressing. By this point it was already about 7:30.

From there I left and got down close to the house. I stopped to get some stuff at Kmart, and bumped around in there for a bit, but there was nothing I wanted to buy. I decided to go to the grocery store and get the broccoli that I intended to buy at BJ's tonight. By the time I got home it was almost 8, and too late to start cooking.

I fed the cats, did some laundry, and watched the Daily Show. I turned in early, since I have to be up so early in the morning to go to that *&&^%$!! quarterly meeting at work. I really don't have a problem with them having an hour-long meeting so that the managers can pat themselves on the back, but to do it on MY time, and to drag me from my snuggly bed at 5:45am to do it, has got to be outlawed somewhere in the Geneva Convention. Not that this country abides by the Geneva Convention anymore. Hopefully that will change soon.

No comments: