Monday, October 27, 2008

When I got off work tonight, I had to go by the hardware store to get a new paint roller pad for tomorrow. The house should be no longer Barney Purple as of tomorrow afternoon. I also picked up a new roller thing to give to my neighbor across the street. He really saved my life when mine broke about 2/3 through the job when I did it before. When I took it over to him, I explained that I was having the house painted a more tasteful color tomorrow. He was pretty indifferent about it. They live across the street, and since they were getting the full effect of the view I figured it would matter; but honestly, with the way they keep their house and yard, even with the house the color it is now, they get the best end on the view thing. That's as much as I'm saying.

First though, I ran through the antique store over near my house. I had a couple of things I wanted to pick up. One is a Christmas present.

I gave in and went the the Chinese buffet for dinner, which I really didn't need to do, money-wise or calorie-wise.

When I got home, I was just worn out. But I had stuff to do. I had washed sheets Sunday, and needed to fold them, so I could put a load of darks in to wash. I'm out of socks. When Michael was here, he wore lots of dark clothes and I didn't have this problem, but since I don't wear dark stuff usually, I'm always out of dress socks now. I never have enough dark clothes to make a load. Anyway. I sorted out the laundry, and there were like two pairs of socks in it. So I'm thinking "Where the hell are all my socks?" I looked in the closet, I checked to see if they were in the wrong drawer, I'm really going crazy, because I'm the only one in the house, and it's not like 15 pairs of socks can just vanish. I finally realized that they had to be in the dryer. I had washed darks last week, and just thrown the sheets in on top of them in the dryer. But I was really stumped for a minute there. I think it may have been my first senior moment. I'm pretty horrificated.

I went out to the out-building and got all the painting stuff out so I can just put it on the front porch in the morning for David. I'm pretty stoked about getting this done, even if I feel kind of lazy for having it done intstead of doing it myself. This $100 job is now at $330 and counting. Hopefully this will be the end of it. And it really should add some curb appeal to the house. Dad's been after me to do this forever. Although he would have a fit if he knew I had painted it purple. That's another reason I had to have it re-done quickly. If he had seen it the way it looks now I would never have heard the end of it.

Texted a bit with Jeremiah, who thought about coming over, then asked what time I had to get up and told me he had a headache. I felt special. I'm becoming more skeptical about that situation. For someone who was supposed to get so attached so easily, and to whom I was supposedly "perfect", he isn't making much of an effort to see me. He did text me this morning, but I got the impression that was more to test the waters of how mad I was after he stood me up last night.

No comments: