Sunday, March 17, 2013

A post in which it is St. Patrick's Day*

I was up suprisingly early today, and ravenous.  I think that the munchies I didn't have last night actually kicked in this morning.  I was so hungry I couldn't even decide what I wanted to eat.  I vacillated for a while.  I wanted to go out to eat, but my hair was a fright, I couldn't get it to do anything, and couldn't eat in a restaurant with a hat on.  Eventually I wet it and kind of combed it. It still looked awful, but you could tell I had tried.  That sorted I headed for the car, still with really no idea where I was going.  I decided on Denny's finally.  They had advertised those 'Hobbit breakfasts' and I had been meaning to get over there.  Since I was right near Rhonda, I called her, but couldn't talk her into eating breakfast with me.  We did decide to put our trip to Happy Cow off, though, because she was going to have a car today from Sabrina.

When I got to Denny's, Hobbit breakfasts were no longer on offer, but I hardly cared.  I was ready to eat my own foot at that point.  I ordered an enormous breakfast, and impatiently caught up with messages on my phone while I waited. When it came out, I devoured every crumb, and finally had some relief. 

On the way home, I decided to run by the flea market.  It was still early enough, and I needed tomatoes for sandwiches next week.  I knew if I got home I would never make it out in time to get to the flea market.  I found some that were acceptable, and headed to the house.

Although I had things to do, I wanted a nap.  I had been out late last night, up early this morning, and felt drug out. 

I was awakened by Lisa returning a call to me, and talked to her for a minute.  I checked in with the guys.  They were going to a movie and invited me, but I would have had to leave the house in twenty minutes.  There was just no way.  So I sent them on, and asked them to let me know when they got out.  I settled in to do chores.

I got the lunches and laundry sorted, got myself ready (mostly - my hair still refused anything resembling a look), and then checked in with the guys.  They wanted dinner later but were shopping this afternoon. 

I fell into the internet vortex, and ended up having a buddy come by I had been talking to for a while.  It was a pleasant afternoon.  He was nice, but had bad breath.

I met the guys at Irashiai for dinner tonight - yummy, but not cheap.  But I figured since I hadn't done anything Friday night I could do it.  I caught up with them and Jake.  We had a lovely dinner.  It was a nice evening.  I got home just in time to catch most of Worst Cooks in America.  I love that show, but one of the ones I was rooting for got sent home tonight. 

It all starts over in the morning...

No comments: