Monday, March 11, 2013

A post in which I am lazy

I didn't get much done at work today.  I did my call-backs, eventually.  I did what had to be done, but I didn't start on my (latest) big project today.

After work I wanted lo mein for dinner.  I was put in thoughts of it because that was the challenge in Worst Cooks in America last week.  They made the point that you could prepare lo mein in the time it took to order it and have it delivered.  Well I guess you can if you have all the ingredients in the house.  I didn't.  So I was contemplating going to the Chinese grocery, but decided just to go to the regular grocery store.  They were selling something they called lo mein noodles, but they didn't look like them to me.  I thought lo mein noodles were soba, made with buckwheat flour, and these said wheat flour on the label.

I was contemplating what to have for supper (I wasn't about to go to two grocery stores tonight) when the helpful little voice in the back of my head reminded me that I could just get cash at check-out (I didn't have any cash, which had motivated me to go to the grocery store to buy ingredients in the first place) and then go buy the lo mein, which is what I did.  So I ended up having take-out anyway. 

The second mistake I made was to get the big lo mein.  I usually just get the little one, but decided if I got the big one, I could put half of it in the fridge for another supper.  That would have worked, only it was so good that when I finished scarfing down the first half, I went to the fridge and got the second half out (yes I had actually put it in a container and put it away, optimistically) and scarfed it down as well.  Then I was sick from eating too much.

While I was eating, I was chatting with Larry and Anthony on my phone.  I asked Larry to Smitty's birthday party Saturday night.  He didn't seem like he really wanted to go, but ended up saying yes.  Larry is pretty shy and doesn't like meeting groups of people, apparently.  The only reason he's going is because I was.  That doesn't bode well for our dating, which involves many social situations.

Anthony wanted to come over, but I pointed out that it takes him a bare minimum of 2.5 hours to get ready, and it was 7pm already. By the time he got there I would have to go to bed.  That boy is cute as a bucket o' puppies, but he apparently has a toilette that would rival that of a courtier to Louis XIV. 

I turned in with RuPaul's Drag Race on, texting with Jake.  Tonight's challenge was to 'roast' RuPaul.  Although there were some notable dead places in the program, in general they did much better than I thought they would from seeing rehearsals.  I was SO hoping that the annoying-as-fuck Alyssa Edwards would go home tonight, but because there was room from the double-elimination earlier in the season, Ru decided to keep both of the ones on the bottom tonight.  Dammit!!

No comments: